Welthungerhilfe recherche un Chef des opérations, Port-Soudan, Soudan
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be home based at first. As soon as the security situation allows it, the duty station will be Port Sudan, Sudan.
As Head of Operations you will be a member of the senior management team within Sudan. You will be responsible for leading and managing the operations teams (Logistics & Procurement, HR, admin, IT) ensuring they respond to the needs of Welthungerhilfe programmes in compliance with Welthungerhilfe, donor, and legal requirements. Through your leadership, the operations teams will be supportive of programme delivery, results driven and guided by professionalism.
- Supervision and support of logistic staff in Country Office and in the projects
- Supervision and control of procurement plans and tender processes for all projects and the Country Office
- General office management
- Coordination with multiple service providers
- Management of drivers, other staff (e.g. guards, maintenance staff etc.) and vehicles
- Ensuring a working IT infrastructure
- Management of HR function in Sudan
- Assist Country Director, and work closely with Security Advisor to implement security and safety plan and protocol including hibernation and evacuation
- A university or college degree in a relevant field like logistics, management or development cooperation/humanitarian aid including qualifications that are commensurate with the position
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience managing NGO or UN operations in fragile and insecure locations
- Sound understanding of compliance with legal requirements, including standard NGO and donor policies
- Good management and organisation skills even under heavy work pressure
- Excellent staff capacity building and training skills
- Readiness to follow and comply with fast changing security protocolls and readiness to travel to project locations (based onsecurity situation)
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written English, Arabic language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 1, 2023. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.