World Vision recrute un Responsable du programme technique WASH, Bujumbura, Burundi
Employee Contract Type:
Employé à durée déterminée (durée déterminée)
- Provide technical and strategic leadership in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Sanitation, Hygiene and Water program in compliance with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards.
- Communicate program goals and objectives with key team members, stakeholders at national level, local and central government and international community.
- Lead the technical working group to develop winning and high level Sanitation, Hygiene and Water Technical Programs, Concept papers and proposals.
- Represent the organization in major WASH program/project decision making forums and provide project-level and field-level capacity building for the field level Sanitation, Hygiene staff, communities and local government.
- Undertake and assist with assessment of local conditions resulting from emergency situations affecting children and mothers, including determination of priorities for interventions, preparation Sanitation, Hygiene and Water project proposals for emergency assistance, and other related documentation as necessary
- Foster, develop and maintain strong partnership relationships and regular contact with national and international NGOs, UN agencies, government officials, and other stakeholders working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information and services to support Sanitation, Hygiene and Water interventions
- Foster, develop and maintain partnership relationships with national partners and communities to assess the effectiveness of current Sanitation, Hygiene and Water projects and to identify possibilities for new Sanitation, Hygiene and Water projects.
- Provide technical support in preparation of divisional strategies, annual operational plan and budget, support the development, review and implementation of new project models, innovations, pilots, guidelines, and methodologies to help decision-making in a consistent, coordinated and scientific manner. And further promote inclusion of major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and core values of the organization within the Sanitation, Hygiene and Water Sector.
- Ensure the implementations of all Sanitation, Hygiene and Water programs of the organization are in compliance with their plan, work schedule, budget and quality to ensure proper accountability to donors, support offices, government and the benefiting community.
- Ensure mentoring and coaching for performance is undertaken for direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- University Degree in Environmental Sanitation, Water Resource Engineering & related engineering fields.
- 5 years relevant experience in Sanitation, Hygiene and Water in an international NGO or similar organization with minimum of 2 years managerial position
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience of managing donor(s) funded projects or programs;
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills
- Good computer skills including MS Word , Excel and internet;
- Knowledge and Experience in CLTS-H, SLTS-H, DBC Framework, and PHAST;
- Proven knowledge of community development; Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of staff and partners;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in budget preparation and report writing;
- Fluent in oral and written English and French.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only