World Vision recrute un Conseiller en chaîne d’approvisionnement, Bangui, République Centrafricaine
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Affectation internationale – Durée déterminée (durée déterminée)
Job Description Summary
To provide technical support and management to the Global Fund Supply Chain Team ( Procurement, Logistics, Warehouse and Asset management) to ensure that there are adequate systems, policies, procedures, controls and necessary skills to support the operations of the WV, in a timely, effective, professional and cost-effective manner, strategically to obtain best value for money for all supply chain management activities and to provide efficient and effective administration support services to operations and all other function.
Leadership and Management
- Provide line management and leadership to the Global Fund Supply Chain function.
- Accessing and coordinating technical resources available from the Global Center or Region for the SCM function
- Participate in the negotiations, implementation, monitoring and reporting of relevant Memoranda of Understanding, Grants, Contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Lead in the developing, implementation and review of the policies, standards and procedures for Procurement to ensure they are aligned to WVI expected standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure an optimal interface between SCM function and other business units for efficient customer service delivery.
- Managing the needs assessment and involvement throughout the concept development/designing of Global Fund Project related procurements
- Managing the participation and contributing into Contract negotiations with donors and managing contract negotiations with suppliers
- Assisting Business Units with price catalogue for preparing budget; and preparing budgets for the Supply Chain function as well as reviewing them against expenditures to avoid over-expenditure and under-expenditure
- Managing the Procurement planning and plan reviews and monitoring
- Managing the prequalification of suppliers
- Managing the process of screening suppliers & service providers to ensure that WVI is not using blocked parties globally
- Managing supplier relationship and annual supplier performance appraisal
- Ensure that all procurement related issues and requirements for Global Fund project closures have been implemented
- Establishing and managing the strategic sourcing for effective and efficient procurement of goods, works and services (value for money) through better negotiated framework contracts
- Contract Management (reviewing)
- Managing the process of screening suppliers & service providers to ensure that WVI is not using blocked parties globally.
Managing Provision Processes and Metrics
- To train, orient or facilitate trainings for Provision users.
- Engaging and collaborating with Shared Services and Provision teams on Provision challenges to enhance effective use and better process results from Provision
- To ensure that Provision Optimization Metrics are achieved
- To ensure that Provision Transformation Metrics are achieved
- Oversees the Global Fund Procurement Team
- Manage warehousing/storage facilities and all necessary equipment and supplies, ensuring they are secured and maintained in excellent physical condition and quantities consistent with established security, safety, care, and health requirements for storage and safeguarding. Ensure optimal space and resources utilization.
- Works in close collaboration and coordination with the Team and service providers to efficiently and effectively plan for and implement goods receipt, storage, and dispatch per delivery schedules.
- Coordinate and supervise inbound and outbound goods handling, and inspect and verify goods receipts and dispatches against waybills to accurately account for quantities, shortages, damages, losses, or unfit goods.
- Implement inventory control systems for proper goods handling and accounting. Conduct cycle counts for inventory accuracy and perform regular inspections to minimize risk. Support complete physical inventories as needed.
- Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date warehouse records (stock ledger, bin cards, loss status reports, waybills, etc.) and filing systems for monitoring, control and reference. Coordinate and oversee data recording in relevant systems. Prepare accurate and timely reports related to inventory, stock control, and warehouse activities.
- Supervisors the Warehouse Officer.
- Asset Management-Inventory & Fixed assets
- Review and approve disposal lists
- Collaborate with direct reports and programming leads to run pipeline analyses, synchronize the supply of goods with programming needs, and ensure quality and efficiency of processes in compliance with WV and Global Fund regulations and international and local inventory accountability standards and requirements.
- Supervise the Asset Officer
- Identify and assess transportation resources, storage facilities, leasing options, and any other logistics services. Maintain and oversee relationships with port operations, freight forwarders, customs clearing agents and key suppliers. Participate in coordination meetings to ensure planning and coordination of supply chain management activities
- Plan and manage the distribution chain from port of arrival to beneficiary distribution sites or disposal. Proactively mitigate security risks. Oversee and ensure the proper execution of the dispatch plan; work with programs staff to verify the dispatch plan’s adherence to the distribution plan. Work with the Logistics Officer and Warehouse Officer for efficient product movement.
- Ensure high-quality preparation of accurate and complete product movement reports.
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Provide capacity strengthening guidance to staff and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning
- Supervises the Global Fund Logistics Coordinator
- Prepare and submit monthly, semi-annual and annual reports for the Global Supply Chain Management (Procurement, Logistics, Asset and Warehousing).
- Develop and report on strategies and plans of action for any noted challenges
- Submit Global Fund Project Procurement plan on time to the Supply Chain Manager
- To prepare and submit Asset Management reports
- To prepare and submit Warehouse Management and monthly reports
- To update and prepare asset register for Global Fund Project (New register and disposal Asset)
Risk Management and control
- Managing the risks by being responsive to internal and external environment and come up with an updated Risk Matrix for the function
- Managing appropriate systems and procedures to avoid significant audit risk findings, both at the National Office and field levels.
- Providing timely and appropriate input into management responses to Global Fund Project audits performed.
- Ensuring all audit recommendations are implemented timely
- Managing the adequate preparation for all audits.
- Implementing anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
People Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure that new and existing staff undergo regular orientation on policies and procedures.
- Conduct staff performance appraisals.
- Conduct regular functional meetings.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Manage leave plans for staff in Global Fund SCM function.
Learning & Innovation
- Develop initiatives to improve to improve business processes.
- Identify opportunities that result into value for money.
- Lead in the implementation and roll out of new initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Minimum of 5 years in Supply Chain Management or Logistics and Procurement and at least 3 years of relevant experience in Fleet, Administration and related Security Management
- Experience managing statutory and donor audits
- Substantive experience working in the NGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor requirements
- Proven experience in supervision of staff within different expertise
- Demonstrated high proficiency levels of electronic systems related to procurement management, administration, security systems as well as fleet and safety management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate and influence, challenge and question.
- Ability to create and maintain procurement, Asset Management, Logistics and Warehousing.
- Able to prioritize own and others work to tight work deadlines.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted