Welthungerhilfe recrute un Chef de secteur, Aweil, Soudan du Sud
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Aweil, Northern Bahr el Gazal, South Sudan.
As Area Manager, you report directly to the Country Director, with close collaboration with Head of Program Development, Quality and Strategy, Head of Program Implementation and Head of Operations. You provide strong and effective leadership to the overall implementation of WHH South Sudan strategy in Northern Bahr el Gazal, continuously analysing the context, identifying new areas of intervention and potential partners, representing the organization towards various stakeholders: local authorities, donors, and partners. Line managing the Heads of Projects and all support functions of the bases (finance, logistics and operations, HR, compliance, MEAL), you ensure quality of project implementation and compliance with WHH and donors’ standards and regulations and ensure that the necessary resources, including various projects’ funds, are used efficiently and effectively in two offices, in Nyamlel and Aweil.
- Maintain strategic leadership and coordination of the Program and Operations in the Area, ensuring the integration between project and support services teams and with other bases.
- Provide leadership in cooperation and collaboration with State- and Juba-level stakeholders (INGOs, NGOs, donors, Clusters, relevant Ministries).
- Contribute to high-quality program design incorporating innovative approaches in the areas of intervention and ensure high quality of implementation, bringing best practices from multiple countries.
- Together with HoPDQS and CO-based Sector Experts maintain coordination, cooperation, and collaboration with in-country and HQ-based technical teams to ensure greater efficiency as well as consistency with approaches, policies, methodologies, instruments, and practices.
- Contribute to the country strategy formulation and planning new projects/ programs; ensure the roll-out and implementation of and team’s commitment to WHH SSD strategy 2023 – 2026 in the Area, follow up and ensure the achievement of agreed short and medium-term Country strategy’s priorities.
- Lead the development of Area-based Program and Operational Strategy, and to its implementation and annual monitoring, ensuring it’s in line with WHH SSD strategy.
- Identify strategic entry points, areas of intervention and niches for WHH and linkages between sectors (DRR, Agriculture, WASH, Nutrition).
- Based on the Country Program Strategy contribute to informing the fundraising plan and strategy in the Area.
- Actively coordinate with national, state and local authorities on WHH program implementation to ensure support, recognition, buy-in and sustainability; represent WHH in meetings, gatherings, elevating WHH’s position in the region.
- Foster an inclusive and empowering environment enabling staff to excel; create a capacity strengthening strategy based on Employee Dialog and management observations.
- Pro-actively identify new partnerships and areas for joint collaboration with various stakeholders.
- In cooperation with Heads of Projects, CO-based Technical Experts and Heads of Departments, ensure that all cross-cutting issues and support needs are properly budgeted.
- Support the Compliance Manager in deployment of WHH Code of Conduct and policies; serve as a gate keeper for all and any WHH Code of Conduct compliance issues.
- Coordinate with Communication and Advocacy Expert for campaigns, celebrating International Days and producing appropriate visibility of WHH intervention in the Area.
- Contribute to monitoring and analyzing context developments in geographical Area, in order to identify operational risks and opportunities, and proposes relevant actions and mitigating measures
- A university or polytechnic degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness or Economic Development, Rural Development or equivalent qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of three years of Head of Office/ Area Manager position; minimum five years of project and program management experience in carrying out transitional programmes with international aid agencies
- Proven track of management of large-scale multi-donor programs, budgets and teams
- Global work experience of minimum three countries, preferably in post-conflict context; working experience in South Sudan would be an asset
- Extensive financial, Human Resources and administration management experience
- Self- starter with organisational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision, even under a high workload
- Strong leadership skills and a competence in people management; team-focused approach, with coaching and mentoring skills and capacity building experience
- Working experience with digital solutions for operational efficiency and database systems would be an advantage
- High level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel within the area of operation
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by Ocotber 1, 2023. Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.