Le PAM recrute un Assistant magasinier, Gambella, Ethiopie
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This job is based in Gambela, Ethiopia . Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.These jobs are found in WFP warehouses and operating under close supervision of a Senior Storekeeper
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education or a technical collage diploma in logistics , supply chain management or related .
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supply chain or warehouse and inventory management.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES ( not all – inclusive )
1. Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
2 October 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.