Avis de recrutement d’un spécialiste de la gestion financière, Yaoundé, Cameroun
|Term Duration:||2 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Required Language(s):||English and French|
|Preferred Language(s):||English and French|
|Closing Date:||11/27/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Governance Global Practice (GP) Context
Our GP helps developing countries build capable, efficient, open, inclusive and accountable institutions that can support economic growth, reduce poverty, deliver needed services and earn the confidence of citizens. Our work encompasses projects financial management, public financial management, procurement, civil service reform, open government, anti-corruption, and using technology to improve quality and access to government services. The FMS will be under the supervision of the FM cluster leader for (Cameroon, Congo, CAR, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea) and the GOV Practice Manager for EAWG2.
Duties and Accountabilities
The FMS will be based in Yaoundé (Cameroon), will work on all financial management aspects of the country and may be required to work on other country portfolio of the Country Management Unit. More specifically, the FMS will:
Carry out Financial Management Supervision for projects which involves:
- Discussing with the client’s financial management team the current status of project implementation, and following up on the issues identified in earlier supervision reports;
- Following up on observations derived from reviews of interim reports and/or contained in the auditor’s management letter or in the audit opinion;
- Assessing the continuing adequacy of the Borrowers control framework over its budgeting, accounting, internal controls, funds flow, financial reporting and auditing systems.
- Making appropriate recommendations, discussing these with the implementing entities, and preparing FM Supervision Reports.
2. Review audited financial statements which includes:
- Assessing the quality of the work done by the auditors, in terms of content and form of their reports (opinions, financial statements, internal controls);
- Drafting letters of comments on audits (to be transmitted to the project management) – the letters will cover the auditors’ findings and recommendations for financial management improvement. A check-list for the review of audited financial statements will be communicated to the FMS.
- Review of Interim unaudited Financial Reports (IFRs) which include the assessment of the timeliness of the report and the adequacy and quality of the report. A check-list for the review of IFRs will be communicated to the FMS.
- In-depth reviews of specific projects: for specific projects and based on the findings of previous review of audited financial statements or supervision missions, the FM Swill review a sample of transactions and verifies a sample of project assets/outputs. Specific TORs for in-depth reviews and project selected will be communicated to the FMS.
- Support the FM cluster leader in the PFM reform programs, Fiduciary System Assessment for Program for Results Operations, and promote effective reliance on country systems as deemed appropriate, greater use of technology for fiduciary due diligence and implementation support and streamline FM and disbursement processes.
Selection Criteria :
- The successful candidate will be a professional with solid operational experience on project financial management systems; he/she should be a professional accountant (CPA, CA or equivalent) with preferably a master’s degree in accounting, business, finance or economics, and a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience in financial management. Also, the ideal candidates should have:
- A good knowledge of International Accounting Standards and International Standards on Auditing;
- Experience with internal audit and internal control systems and procedures (including familiarity with COSO), with the ability to assess such systems and recommend remedial action where necessary;
- A good understanding of the review of financial statements including statements which link financial to non-financial information;
- Experience in auditing, including assessing audit competence, and to the ability to analyze the impact of qualified audit reports and matters arising from management letters.
- Fluency in French and working knowledge of English are essential.
- Willingness to travel within Cameroon if security conditions permitted
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan, medical, life and disability insurance, and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.